Here are my Top 5 for American Idol:
My pick for this year is Siobhan Magnus.
I wish I could tell the contestants:
Don't sing Michael Jackson or Anita Baker. It can't be done.
Lee should cover a Jonny Lang song.
Ideally.. Alex Lambert would be in my top 5. I really liked the Hispanic kid too. I voted for both of them until they left. Of the remaining contestants, the 16 year old kid has an incredible voice, but when I look at him, I see an old man. I don't get him. I don't get Katie either. Didi was good last week when she sang Linda Rondstadt, and the judges didn't give her enough credit. Last night she nearly ruined "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted." Clearly she hasn't heard Joan Osborne's version. (Standing in the Shadows of Motown - rent it. It is SO good.)
Typically, I don't like the raspy, hard rock type, but Lee is something more. I think he and Crystal stole the show last night.
Last night, I voted for Casey, Lee and Crystal. It was the first week that I did not vote for Siobhan or Didi. And the first week that I voted for Casey.
Do you agree with me? Why or why not?
Photos: Fox via MTV.com





No comments:
Post a Comment