13 April 2011

Two Cheers for Easton

Just read here that the City Council is moving forward on benefits for same-sex couples. Very glad to know this.

After I scanned the article, I was compelled to comment. As I clicked through, I noticed that someone had already commented. Not very pleasant, either. Isn't it crazy that so many people are fighting against the civil liberties of others? Love is love. Whatever hatred lives inside the hearts of people like Walter is foreign to me.


Walter, I have a friend who listens to Lady Gaga so much that her toddler repeats,"Don't be a drag, just be a queen." Does this irritate you? I hope it does.


Why deny the happiness of others.. does it threaten yours? What is wrong with two people stating their love for one another, willing to commit to one another? Be happy if a gay couple moves to your street. Chances are, they'll invest in your community, open a business, beautify the neighborhood, and God forbid, make things better. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone with this analogy - it's a bit stereotypical - but in my experience, it's 100% true.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, WFMZ moderates the comments section and they've deleted Walter's comment. He said that rather than fund benefits for same sex couples, use the funds to study the brains of homosexuals to locate the problem. I was writing to address his post, but it seems there are plenty of like-minded people.

anthony said...

Honey There R idiots in all places.There is nothing wrong in being gay/lesbian,and I think the city was right in approving benefits.I dont think it is for people who were dating for a month or two it is for people who have been tpogether for a long time....tunsie...I love lauren