06 April 2011

A Royal Pain

What is all of this coverage about Prince William and Kate Middleton? It's estimated to be the most viewed event on TV. Well, our American forefathers would be disappointed, to say the least, in our interest... we declared our independence hundreds of years ago. The only Brit I care about is Sienna Miller and what she is wearing. And maybe the Verve - Bittersweet Symphony is a fantastic song. I love Harry Potter. Russell Brand is pretty funny. But I mean, that's it!
When I go to People.com, I want to see headlines about American celebs, not a foreign monarchy! I hate seeing magazines dedicated to the couple popping up in between my beloved titles at the bookstore. And what's worse is that the media has a name for the coverage, and a color scheme too.

Is this not the stupidest thing you've ever seen?


I subscribe to Newsweek and this week Kate showed up on the cover! God, make it stop. It was a novelty when Princess Di married Prince Charles - cute, even. Lots of American women watched the wedding on TV, my mom included. But now, I don't get it. I'll be glad when it's over so that it doesn't hijack my news sources. And I wish Will and Kate all the best, a long happy fruitful life together.

But I really, really don't care.

No comments: