Read this and wanted to share from Jan/Feb 2010 Penn Stater magazine. It stands out to me from the other reader letters.
"My family and I have lived in several other countries, and I have personally found that wherever we went, someone always had our back.
One time, I was preparing to leave Saudi Arabia and had driven the company car to the Riyadh airport to check in. When I returned to my car, I was confronted by several armed security soldiers who asked why I was there and wanted to inspect the car. The car was equipped with a two way radio and that was a concern to the security persons. While I was wondering what was going to happen to me, a large car drove up and a Saudi in white robes got out and came over to me.
He advised me that under no circumstances was I to give my documents to the soldiers. Then the soldiers told me to take the car away. It so happened that the king was departing the airport at that time and security was very high.
A lesson I have learned as a result of my travels is that people are good and always willing to help you."
E. Glenwright
Eagle, Colorado.
Photo: The Baobob Cultural Center

No comments:
Post a Comment