Hiking
Yesterday, I walked along the banks of the Delaware River. The same river that General Washington once crossed during the Revolutionary War - just miles north. This morning I ventured to Ringing Rocks County Park with friends. It was the first trip for most of us, and well worth the drive. The river, high and mighty, was covered in ice. I snuck glances at it often. The air and winds have been extremely cold these past days, due to a burst of Arctic air. The nights are unforgiving. I tried shooting photographs on one of these nights, and aborted mission quickly. The cold hits hard and is stored in the body - even as I type this I am remembering the wind on my face and hands. And so even now, I take more comfort in the warmth.
Hiking is good for the soul. It is humbling.
Photos from the Delaware:
No comments:
Post a Comment