Last night we went out for dinner, where I sat reading my new article on Patch.com and discussing it with K. Then to a bookstore, where I remember using my phone. Then we came home, watched a movie, and then... my phone was missing.
I've never lost a phone before. How could I - I'm really responsible with that stuff. I only realized it was missing at 1 AM and after googling 'ways to track an iPhone' I became sick with the knowledge that I would never have paid to insure it or track it, so all of that was useless.
I dreamt that K checked for me and there were two cell phones turned into the bookstore, and I went only to have them make me fill out a police report and describe the size of the phone. Without my phone, I couldn't look it up on the internet (pathetic.) The dream ended without a conclusion.
Or it's possible that one of the people sitting around found my carelessly discarded phone and is now having the time of his life playing Tetris and listening to Kid Cudi. I am picturing the Eastern European guy from the commercials who answers the phone, "Hello this is Peggy..."
Or, what I have to admit is probable, it's sitting behind the counter waiting for me to come in and get it.
I wanted to drive over last night to peek in the window where I was sitting to see it there. But I knew that if I didn't see it, it might ruin my night.
So I am waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment