31 July 2011

Philly + Pence


I took this photo last night of new leftfielder Hunter Pence at Citizens Bank Park. On Friday night, he was playing with the Houston Astros. Mid-game, he was pulled and was seen shaking hands with his teammates and staff. Having been traded, he boarded a jet to Philadelphia. The next night, he pulled on a Phillies uniform and took his position in left field. The game was sold out and standing room only tickets, limited at 500, also sold out. I was one of 250 people in the queue at 3:45 when I was fitted with a wristband guaranteeing my option to purchase 2 tickets at 4:00. 4 people behind me were the last to receive the guaranteed tickets. I bought one for myself and one for a biologist from West Chester, named Ryan, who was attending with his parents. Ryan wore a red Ryan Howard shirt and was most grateful to receive a ticket. 

Pence was noticeably happy on the field. The fans greeted him with resounding applause. I got some amazing photos at the game - this was one of them. Can't wait to use my new Phils mug for my Monday morning coffee.

The Phillies won the game, against the Pirates, in 9 innings. Cliff Lee pitched, Ryan Madson relieved. For more, here's a recap.

No comments: